Nervous about boot camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nervous about boot camp

Good evening, Marines. I ship 20131013 so I only have a few weeks left. I've been doing everything I can to knock off these last few pounds, however I am nervous that I'm not going to catch on to certain things in boot camp, things like holding and moving a rifle when given a command. There's is a lot to the Marine Corps that needs to be learned, but I just hope I don't have trouble adjusting to it

Similar Threads:

Don't be nervous.. You'll Drill Insructors will not fail you.

If your recruiters say you're ready to go then you're ready to go. Just do what you're told as fast as you can and to the best of your ability every day...they can't ask for more than that.

Read the "similar threads" beneath yours - they may help.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you'll be fine, yes you will screw up but so will everyone else. Just move fast, sound off, and keep pushing through....chow to chow, sunday to sunday. it'll be over before you know it and you'll be a Marine.

Thank you for the advice. I'm slow, meaning I don't catch on right away so I hope that won't tamper with me, but with repitition I should be alright.

Everything will be broken down Barney style.. You'll be ok..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No worries, enjoy your last few weeks with Family and Friends and stay out of trouble.

Best of luck to you.

Your guide, squad leader, or some other recruit will be assigned to spend extra time with you in the areas you need help (they can't help if you're lazy or don't want to learn). Boot camp is easier for some more than others but it comes down to attitude and effort - as long as you keep a positive attitude and always give maximum effort you'll be fine.

Everyone becomes an idiot in boot camp. You expect a grown man to be able to tie his shoes, put his socks on correctly, count numbers... It all goes out the window when you're stressed out and scared. Everyone screws up, and everyone pays for it. You will, too. And even if you're perfect, you end up getting punished for someone else's mistakes anyway. Oh well.

The only people who really hate life are the ones who aren't willing to learn, show that they want to quit, or have an attitude problem. As long as you don't fall into that category, don't worry about it.

It's natural to be nervous, though.

"...Everyone becomes an idiot in boot camp...."
    Amen to that!! I was a squad leader for about a minute in basic....had about half a heart-beat to get my squad ready to go to a first aid class..had to get every body out there in formation with their poncho...but... FORGOT MINE. I was fired as squad leader and sent to the end of the line hahaha.

No one is ever truly prepared for boot camp. I thought I was until I stepped foot on those yellow foot prints.......... And well all hell broke loose. But I can tell you this if you want to be a Marine bad enough there is nothing you will not do to become a United States Marine. Stay motivated and take things one day at a time. Hell one minute if you have to. Never quit and your DIs will never quit on you. Good luck!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by EastSideBoxer View Post

Thank you for the advice.

I'm slow, ,,,,,,,meaning I don't catch on
    right away

so I hope that won't tamper with me,
    but with repitition
    I should be alright.
    When you get there, you're gonna find
    that you're faster than some others
    doesn't matter what it is they make you do

Lots of times you'll find you aren't FAST ENOUGH..
    DOIT AGAIN,
    Again Girls,,, you'r3 still too slow.
    AND again...same as the last
    TOO SLOW.....

Dast me to say........
    sooner or later,,, EVERYBODY CATCHES ON....

worry is natural for where you're going..
    don't let it bother you.
    Do your best...
    AND DON'T stop trying

He shipped yesterday (got a PM from him the night before after his going away party).

Credits
    Savings
    well, maybe he'll find the realism in that when he gets back..

He'll understand it better i BETCHA !

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We all wish him well.

Thread Information